Your booking is subject to the following terms and conditions, and you are deemed to have read and understood and to have agreed to be bound by these paragraphs when the contact form is submitted:
- Alterations by you before departure
Should you wish to change any part of a confirmed booking, we will gladly assist you in doing so. Cape Eco-Tours will, in such an event, not be bound by the existing contract, and a new contract between you, the client, and Cape Eco-Tours will be agreed upon. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of R25.00 per person in the event of major changes. Alterations within 30 days of departure we may choose to treat as a cancellation, and the penalties hereunder will apply.
- Cancellations by you
Any client who wishes to cancel must do so in writing, by postage, e-mail or fax and receipt acknowledged by this office. The following fees or percentages will be charged based on the date of receipt in writing or by fax by Cape Eco-Tours of notification of cancellation.
- More than 30 days before departure - 50% of deposit forfeited
- 30 days or less before departure - 100% of deposit forfeited
- Cancellations or alterations by Cape Eco-Tours
Cape Eco-Tours reserves the right to change any route and/or arrangement where these may be necessary (e.g. changes in local conditions or circumstances beyond our control). Such changes are often minor, but if not, we will advise you before you depart. If Cape Eco-Tours cancels a booking for any reason other than mentioned in this document, the client shall be entitled to a full refund of monies paid.
- Refunds and compensation
As a basic principle, no refund will be made for any unused service or transport during a trip. However, where we ourselves are able to obtain a refund from principals for services not used, we will endeavour to pass this on to the client, less reasonable administration charges. Cape Eco-Tours' responsibility will not extend beyond this refund (where possible) and no payments will be made, or compensation given in respect of claims for inconvenience experienced by clients.
The client undertakes to comply with South African laws and regulations during the tour. In the event of wilful or negligent non-compliance Cape Eco-Tours accepts no responsibility to assist or advise the client in any way whatsoever.
- Indemnity, waiver and liability
- Cape Eco-Tours accepts no responsibility for matters arising out of political disputes, epidemics, natural disasters, adverse weather, armed robbery and other criminal activity etc. Should it become necessary to abandon or cancel a tour as a result of such an event, Cape Eco-Tours will be entitled to retain moneys received necessary to cover costs incurred. Any excess will be refunded to the client.
- We also reserve the right to accept or refuse any person as a member of a tour at any time, without giving reasons therefor, or to expel the client from the tour in the event of the clients behaviour or demeanour endangering or infringing upon the health, well-being or safety of any fellow tour member, employee or agent of Cape Eco-Tours. In such an event, or in the event of the client leaving the tour of his/her own accord, the client will be liable for his/her own further maintenance and will have no claim against Cape Eco-Tours whatsoever for expenses relating thereto. The decision of the tourist guide will be final on all matters relating to the satisfactory progress, organisation, safety and well being of any trip. The client shall comply with all reasonable requests or instruction from the tourist guide.
- Cape Eco-Tours and their servants and agents shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any loss, damage, death, injury, accident, delay or inconvenience to any person, or his or her luggage or other personal property, wherever the same shall arise from or be occasioned by the negligence of Cape Eco-Tours, their servants or agents or other persons directly in the employment of Cape Eco-Tours or otherwise under any circumstances whatsoever.
Travel insurance is compulsory and should be arranged prior to departure. Such insurance should cover you in the event of cancellation or curtailment, death, any medical or rescue expenses as well as for any loss of luggage, money or personal items.